The UCD-SEC is engaged in supporting and developing research opportunities for the UCD academic and student community to achieve sustainable energy goals in line with the UCD policy and the Energy Master Plan.
The aim of the Research and Funding strand can be summarised as follows:
- Connecting UCD students and staff with professionals and stakeholders fostering their engagement in the implementation of sustainable energy initiatives and research projects.
- To collect and support research ideas aimed at fostering the sustainable energy development in the UCD community.
- Support the development of research projects and activities in line with the UCD-SEC goals.
- To explore national and international grant and funding opportunities to sustain and develop interdisciplinary activities and initiatives in the UCD community aiming to
- To foster the national and international engagement of the UCD SEC with other communities and initiatives