UCD is one of the largest journey generators in the Greater Dublin Area. UCD must put in place policies and procedures to manage mobility and commuting to the University. However, the UCD community can also take actions towards more sustainable mobility.
These are the UCD-SEC transport strand objectives:
- Reducing the energy consumption and the carbon footprint associated with mobility to and around the campus
- Testing new technologies and strategies to reduce the daily number of motor vehicles travelling to UCD
- Suggesting and promoting more sustainable transport options
- Connecting with international and national SECs to exchange experiences and learn from each other
- Opening the campus to the industry sector and startups to test their solution for sustainable transportation
- Attract research and funding to implement cutting edge solutions to mobility